No i-Pace for me. Ever....

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Ty Rua

No i-Pace for me. Ever....

Post by Ty Rua » Thu May 17, 2018 10:10 pm

I have a deposit on an I-Pace with my local dealer. £1,000. I left it with a view to deciding between the I-Pace if I could afford it this summer - or a Velar. One or the other. I specced a Velar yesterday and intended to talk to the dealer Saturday.

I'm collecting the deposit tomorrow. I will not buy a JLR product. Ever.

This is why:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/a ... d=12053873

You may or not agree with this stance by JLR, but as both an ex-pat kiwi and a Christian I am beyond reasonable and rational understanding of any company's refusal to respect any individuals right of free speech and belief. I happen to share this footballers views on homosexuality - the Bible is clear - but worse than that is the obnoxious and high-handed attitude of JLR in refusing to recognise or respect this fine, decent footballers opinion. One he holds with a deep conscience.

JLR loses this sale, many I hope when the right gets hold of this. If they are so arrogant not to care then they will pay a small price. But any price is worth it to me. I don't care if anyone disagrees - I will always defend anyone's right to hold and express any opinion if its lawful.

Paul J.

Re: No i-Pace for me. Ever....

Post by Paul J. » Thu May 17, 2018 10:33 pm

Bye!

stefxx

Post by stefxx » Thu May 17, 2018 10:37 pm

Whatever. Have a nice life.

pebell

Post by pebell » Fri May 18, 2018 1:09 am

And don’t forget to close your account on the way out.

crostie

Post by crostie » Fri May 18, 2018 5:36 am

Strange, I was never interested in te ipace until I read the exact same article

Gdank

Post by Gdank » Fri May 18, 2018 7:22 am

God gave us all free will.

JLR executed their free will - You executed your free will.

JLR didn't refuse or disrespect his views ... they just didn't want to be associated with his views. They said "ok that's your view, fine, however we are not happy in a sponsership deal with you".

BTW the title should be "No JLR car for me ... ever!"

You have the right to be offended and take your money else where ... but you being offended doesn't make you right.

Good luck in whatever car you buy! (Just don't look too closely at religious views of other car makers ... or you might end up walking everywhere!)

Griff

Post by Griff » Fri May 18, 2018 7:29 am

I suspect JLR have thought this through and decided they would actually gain more sales through this stance. That’s business whether it’s right or wrong.

hereu

Post by hereu » Fri May 18, 2018 8:55 am

You must be very limited to which top brands you can use, as every large brand that regularly sponsors "celebs" has dropped some mid-contract.

Tiger Woods, Maria Sharapova, Ant McPartlin are just of the top of my head but there are thousands at all levels. It will be a basic term of the contract.

fideba2

Post by fideba2 » Fri May 18, 2018 12:48 pm

Hmm, wondering what your reaction would have been if JLR had done the same to, let's say, someone gay. Curious to see if your "refusal to respect any individuals right of free speech and belief" would still apply here...

Ty Rua

Post by Ty Rua » Fri May 18, 2018 1:51 pm

If anyone was gay I would have felt exactly the same - defending to the hilt his right for freedom of choice and speech. And no, being offended does not make me right. Fully agree. But this discrimination would not be acceptable in any other circumstance, and being offended by this degree of corporate madness PC lets me make my own point - don't buy JLR. As for free will - true. I've just exercised it.

The issue here is would the same have happened to an Islamist who hold extreme views on Homosexuality and are sponsored by JLR? No and never.
To blatantly discriminate against Christian for their beliefs is totally unacceptable.
I have written to request my deposit back. Good luck to all you here who clearly don't care - to those who have some morals, I doubt you'd go this far for your belief, but as an active promoter of free speech and defender of values, I feel I have a principal to defend.

I'm out of JLR. Not alone judging by the backlash, and feel for this one guy in my home country standing up for something in this sick world.

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”