Just finalising order!

New to the Jaguar I-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
MegJag

Just finalising order!

Post by MegJag » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:31 pm

Hi everyone, I am just in process of negotiating between dealers for an i-pace - had a test drive and feels great. The tax breaks (will be doing it through my company) are very good, both personally and for the business (at least for the next few years) but at dinner parties I will of course be saying I'm doing it for the environment :D

I'm trying out the configurations at the moment and the topics on here have been useful, thinking I may need to upgrade the seats but at moment have S or SE model with various upgrades.

Does anyone also know if the bike rack fits directly onto car or if you first need a tailgate or something? at 900-odd pounds I'd expect it to fit directly..

Looking forward to actually receiving the car in april

SteveA

Re: Just finalising order!

Post by SteveA » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:46 pm

MegJag wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:31 pm
Hi everyone, I am just in process of negotiating between dealers for an i-pace - had a test drive and feels great. The tax breaks (will be doing it through my company) are very good, both personally and for the business (at least for the next few years) but at dinner parties I will of course be saying I'm doing it for the environment :D

I'm trying out the configurations at the moment and the topics on here have been useful, thinking I may need to upgrade the seats but at moment have S or SE model with various upgrades.

Does anyone also know if the bike rack fits directly onto car or if you first need a tailgate or something? at 900-odd pounds I'd expect it to fit directly..

Looking forward to actually receiving the car in april
Heated front seats were an option when I ordered, well worth having in an electric car. Not sure if this is still the case.
I Pace EV400 SE, Yulong white, options: Oyster leather, 20' wheels, MY19, delivered 03/2019
InControl: S19C_19.46.4-458817 | Telematics: 16.2

mjc

Post by mjc » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:14 pm

You need to take a look at this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1234&hilit=tow+bar

There is a kit needed to enable installation of either bicycle rack or tow-bar.
I-Pace HSE delivered 14/12/2018 - Farallon Black, Air++, oyster interior, panoramic roof, 20" std wheels
InControl Touch Pro Software V: S19C_19.46.4-458817 (SOTA 20/12/19) Telematics Software V: 14.2

anorak

Post by anorak » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:40 pm

Great decision!

Check out this thread though if you are remotely fussy about seat comfort and adjustment;
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3052

I've got used to mine but would definitely have specified seats with lumber adjustment if I'd had the choice (car was sitting in the showroom as a cancelled order so I had it in 6 days instead of 8 months).
I Pace EV400 S, Caesium blue, Oyster leather, 18" wheels
MY19, delivered 01/2019
IMC: S19B_19.40.4-436082 || Telematics: 17.2
Now on its 2nd front EPIC

Slowpoke

Post by Slowpoke » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:59 pm

Definitely try all of the seat options before ordering. Tall people (over 6') may not like the Performance Seats, I have them and love them as does my wife. Seating is one of the most important and often overlooked parts of a car. I sold my last one because I didn't like the seats.

Take a look at the heated windscreen if you are ordering it. Some hate it, I notice it but don't mind. It works extremely well (Canadian Climate). Love the heated steering wheel and seats, plus they save a lot of energy compared to cabin heating.

I like the Adaptive Dynamics and Air Suspension. Noticeable ride improvement, especially in Dynamic.

I have the Pano roof and could live without it. Back seat passengers love it but it can creak a bit.

Good luck and enjoy!!

MegJag

Post by MegJag » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:36 pm

Thanks all. I think I will go with seats that come with se with added heated seating throughout. I am over 6 foot and have never liked performance seats.

anorak

Post by anorak » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:12 pm

It's a bit complicated (or was for me at least) but if you do want lumbar adjustment you either need to spec. the performance seats or the 18 way adjustable sports seats, which are a £1600 option on the SE I believe.

Unfortunately it's an expensive (and the only) way to get lumbar adjustment but it is very important to some people. I had a loaner HSE with the 18 way seats for 3 weeks and found the seats significantly more comfortable than my 10 way electric ones without the lumbar knob.

Try out both if you can find an HSE or optioned up SE or S to sit in.
I Pace EV400 S, Caesium blue, Oyster leather, 18" wheels
MY19, delivered 01/2019
IMC: S19B_19.40.4-436082 || Telematics: 17.2
Now on its 2nd front EPIC

Return to “Introductions”