Best home chargers

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
MegJag

Best home chargers

Post by MegJag » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:00 am

I am sure this has been discussed as a topic and I have tried the search function to find it but can't seem to locate anything. I'm just looking to get thoughts on best supplier for home charging points. Perhaps someone has a link to a thread on this? or generally any advice

badgb21

Re: Best home chargers

Post by badgb21 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:36 pm

There are many to choose from.
This is my story viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2400
Getting the power laid onto the garage was a bigger issue.

I got the Pod Point and it's fine, but it has no real 'smart ' features like App locking or charger timing, you need to use car timer and that's a nightmare at the moment!
I don't time charge I have electricity supplier with best single all-day tariff - a lot less faff!
Pod point qualified for OLEV government grant, they did a good job on the install and it's simple - plug and play!

Here's a video you should watch, generally about the I Pace, it may make sense now or certainly will later!

It's worth making time to watch, as a driver.

Home Chargers;
Try Googling for options available. Timed charging may help, JLR will sort this (one day) Jag recommend Pod Point or BP
Anderson and Zappi get favourable reviews from folks on here and Facebook page.

Public chargers:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/149A ... qCHCba0P7s

It will all make sense as you slowly get into it, it's a bit confusing at first.

All the best!

elbocko

Post by elbocko » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:13 pm

badgb21 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:36 pm
There are many to choose from.
This is my story viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2400
Getting the power laid onto the garage was a bigger issue.

I got the Pod Point and it's fine, but it has no real 'smart ' features like App locking or charger timing, you need to use car timer and that's a nightmare at the moment!
I don't time charge I have electricity supplier with best single all-day tariff - a lot less faff!
Pod point qualified for OLEV government grant, they did a good job on the install and it's simple - plug and play!

Here's a video you should watch, generally about the I Pace, it may make sense now or certainly will later!

It's worth making time to watch, as a driver.

Home Chargers;
Try Googling for options available. Timed charging may help, JLR will sort this (one day) Jag recommend Pod Point or BP
Anderson and Zappi get favourable reviews from folks on here and Facebook page.

Public chargers:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/149A ... qCHCba0P7s

It will all make sense as you slowly get into it, it's a bit confusing at first.

All the best!
endorse that. Pod Point unintelligent Home Charge unit, Use car timer if needed but on a reasonable Co-Op tariff. Works well, no faffing about.
El Bocko

E 2ERO, SE, Firenze Red, MY19, 18"
InControl Touch Pro S19C_19.46.4-458817. Vehicle Connectivity 17.2, Battery Energy Control Shh, it won't say. H264v3 completed.

thorpyuk

Post by thorpyuk » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:27 pm

I've got pod point too- cheaper than charge master & does a good job

thebrownbottle

Post by thebrownbottle » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:59 pm

I have the EO MIni Pro as I needed a Smart Charging that allowed usage monitoring, and timed charging. Can't fault it, and it's been used constantly for the past 10 months.
iPace First Edition MY19 - Corris Grey

InControl: S19B_19.40.4-436082
Telematics: 16.2 (post H228)

StuEVs

Post by StuEVs » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:44 pm

I’ve got an Andersen and love it!

Having spent a lot of money renovating our home; being able to fully customise the design of the charger to match the aesthetics was the game-winner for me.

Plus the smart functionality & reporting via app control is great.

badabing

Post by badabing » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:50 pm

thorpyuk wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:27 pm
I've got pod point too- cheaper than charge master & does a good job
Same here, I had Pod Point installed, I like how you can keep an eye on the amount you're spending on electricity within the app but it doesn't do much more than that.

OhCanada

Post by OhCanada » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:30 pm

Where you live is going to be a factor. I live in Ontario, Canada where a ChargePoint home charger made the most sense in terms of costs and efficiency. I purchased it on Amazon for $900 and paid an electrician another $600 for installation. ChargePoint offers a helpful app to schedule charging during my lowest hydro rates. I also use the app for public charging stations.

Jaguar recommended a charger and electrician. Had I followed their advice, I would have paid 2.5 times the cost.

The ONLY downside of the app is its full features can’t be used by two people for the same vehicle.

I hope that helps.

scm

Post by scm » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:45 pm

OhCanada wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:30 pm
Jaguar recommended a charger and electrician. Had I followed their advice, I would have paid 2.5 times the cost.
Same mark-up as the battery charger for their ICE cars, then. ;)

Hart Murmur

Post by Hart Murmur » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:49 pm

I can’t say what’s best but PodPoint installation was quick and easy. No charging problems though the app monitoring usage is a bit hit and miss.

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”