and another Dutchman says hi

New to the Jaguar I-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
Raeth

and another Dutchman says hi

Post by Raeth » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:49 am

Hi all,

I hope to also join the ranks of Dutch Jaguar I-Pace owners in 2018. I placed my order the first week of June through my lease company. I called several dealers and found one that still had slots available but only for the region they serve (i.e. understandably they want to make money from servicing/maintaining your car). I placed the order under the condition of cost free cancellation if the car is not registered in 2018.

I’ve not owned / leased / driven an EV prior to the Jag and only been exposed to the I-Pace through the media. Ordering without a test drive or even having seen a demo model feels a bit strange. However, videos of the initial test drives are (very) positive and of course the current governement subsidy helps the decision process.

In terms of my previous cars, I have a humble history with Volkswagen (Polo, Golf bot in silver) Peugeot (208, 308sw both in black) and Alfa Romeo (Giulietta, competizione red). I hope to add the I-Pace with the following configuration:
* First Edition
* 22” wheels (the diamond carbon etc. thing)
* Performance seats
* Photon Red

My biggest doubt is the color. Surprisingly (to me at least) the FE is only available in 3 colors (black, grey, photon red). I’ve driven enough black cars and think that takes away the intersting shapes of the I-Pace. The grey color looks nice in the booklet but in “ real” photo’s it looks a bit bland/dull. So that leaves the photon red, which I think looks great in the official pictures. But...it seems to shift color from red to orange, with orange increasingly being the dominant color in pictures/videos. So I might still change to grey. Really interested if someone has additional information on what Photon Red looks like in real life.

Finally, I’m considering a glasscoating (C.Quartz?) to protect the car as I live in an area with many (hazelnut)trees and birds. So I need to be able to easily clean the car and I like the added shine of the coating. I’ve only used WaxOil in the past and was not really happy with it. Do any of you have experience with glasscoating? Maybe I need to start separate topic on this, but I’m really interested to know if such coatings are worth it, how long they last etc.

Kind regards

Mark_T

Re: and another Dutchman says hi

Post by Mark_T » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:30 am

I saw a Photon Red version at my local dealer, next to other red cars in the showroom it was very clearly orange.

It isn’t a bad colour if you like orange, it just isn’t actually red.

Tophe74

Post by Tophe74 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:56 am

I think its a bit oeange in full light.
Saw one at my dealer yesterday in showroom with normal like and it looked red. Not an intense red but nice.
I was a bit like u, don t want a back car and doesn t like grey cars in general. So i ordered a photon red hoping its not that much orange.
To bad their are so few colors for FE.

Pilot

Post by Pilot » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:01 pm

Taken today under full sunlight. Red enough for me.

Firenze red looks too feminine for my taste.

A814CD25-E6EE-4A7B-8937-7F3E1E274095.jpeg

AB926312-B4D7-4D9C-A864-2A926B54C376.jpeg

D225D6B3-6AEF-4084-A937-92D8063497DD.jpeg

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:12 pm

Pilot wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:01 pm
Firenze red looks too feminine for my taste.
. . . eh? . . . :?

I think you might need to get more in touch with your feminine side! :o . . :lol:

Raeth

Post by Raeth » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:55 pm

Thanks Pilot! I think it looks fantastic (and red)!

Pilot

Post by Pilot » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:54 pm

To be more precise. The pictured car is in Photon red, I was just commenting my personal opinion about Firenze red :)

Thincat

Post by Thincat » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:13 pm

I think the lack of colour choice with the FE is a good reason to order an HSE because there are a few more colour choices. The 'orange' is a little strange and the Firenze Red is so much better being a bright 'italian racing' red. My friend has a Firenze red F-Pace and it looks very good indeed.

Jaguar generally don't have a good choice of colours, most options being boring variations of grey/white or black and I'm really dissapointed they have dropped Britrish Racing Green but the first I-Pace I saw in the flesh was Corris Grey and I was surprised how good it looked. It would have been my second choice after the Caesium Blue I have gone for. Judging by the voting on this forum, Corris Grey is the most popular colour.

If you haven't had chance to look at the interior of a Jaguar before ordering it's worth visiting a Jaguar dealer and looking at the interior of an F-Pace because the quality and style are very similar. You will also see most of the colour options on other models (except for Photon orange).
HSE I-Pace on order due end September now delayed till January.

Tophe74

Post by Tophe74 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:01 am

Sure corris grey is the most voted. Grey is the most popular color for nowdays cars ... That's part why i don t want grey. I don t like to do like the mass. I-Pace is not like others cars.
But i agree their are not much colors to choose. If i didn't chose an FE i would have gone for blue or white. But the FE stil the best equiped for the price and its limited edition.

Return to “Introductions”