and another Dutchman says hi

New to the Jaguar I-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
Raeth

and another Dutchman says hi

Post by Raeth » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:49 am

Hi all,

I hope to also join the ranks of Dutch Jaguar I-Pace owners in 2018. I placed my order the first week of June through my lease company. I called several dealers and found one that still had slots available but only for the region they serve (i.e. understandably they want to make money from servicing/maintaining your car). I placed the order under the condition of cost free cancellation if the car is not registered in 2018.

I’ve not owned / leased / driven an EV prior to the Jag and only been exposed to the I-Pace through the media. Ordering without a test drive or even having seen a demo model feels a bit strange. However, videos of the initial test drives are (very) positive and of course the current governement subsidy helps the decision process.

In terms of my previous cars, I have a humble history with Volkswagen (Polo, Golf bot in silver) Peugeot (208, 308sw both in black) and Alfa Romeo (Giulietta, competizione red). I hope to add the I-Pace with the following configuration:
* First Edition
* 22” wheels (the diamond carbon etc. thing)
* Performance seats
* Photon Red

My biggest doubt is the color. Surprisingly (to me at least) the FE is only available in 3 colors (black, grey, photon red). I’ve driven enough black cars and think that takes away the intersting shapes of the I-Pace. The grey color looks nice in the booklet but in “ real” photo’s it looks a bit bland/dull. So that leaves the photon red, which I think looks great in the official pictures. But...it seems to shift color from red to orange, with orange increasingly being the dominant color in pictures/videos. So I might still change to grey. Really interested if someone has additional information on what Photon Red looks like in real life.

Finally, I’m considering a glasscoating (C.Quartz?) to protect the car as I live in an area with many (hazelnut)trees and birds. So I need to be able to easily clean the car and I like the added shine of the coating. I’ve only used WaxOil in the past and was not really happy with it. Do any of you have experience with glasscoating? Maybe I need to start separate topic on this, but I’m really interested to know if such coatings are worth it, how long they last etc.

Kind regards

Mark_T

Re: and another Dutchman says hi

Post by Mark_T » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:30 am

I saw a Photon Red version at my local dealer, next to other red cars in the showroom it was very clearly orange.

It isn’t a bad colour if you like orange, it just isn’t actually red.

Tophe74

Post by Tophe74 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:56 am

I think its a bit oeange in full light.
Saw one at my dealer yesterday in showroom with normal like and it looked red. Not an intense red but nice.
I was a bit like u, don t want a back car and doesn t like grey cars in general. So i ordered a photon red hoping its not that much orange.
To bad their are so few colors for FE.
I pace FE photon red since 20.10.18

Pilot

Post by Pilot » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:01 pm

Taken today under full sunlight. Red enough for me.

Firenze red looks too feminine for my taste.

A814CD25-E6EE-4A7B-8937-7F3E1E274095.jpeg

AB926312-B4D7-4D9C-A864-2A926B54C376.jpeg

D225D6B3-6AEF-4084-A937-92D8063497DD.jpeg

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:12 pm

Pilot wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:01 pm
Firenze red looks too feminine for my taste.
. . . eh? . . . :?

I think you might need to get more in touch with your feminine side! :o . . :lol:

Raeth

Post by Raeth » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:55 pm

Thanks Pilot! I think it looks fantastic (and red)!

Pilot

Post by Pilot » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:54 pm

To be more precise. The pictured car is in Photon red, I was just commenting my personal opinion about Firenze red :)

Thincat

Post by Thincat » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:13 pm

I think the lack of colour choice with the FE is a good reason to order an HSE because there are a few more colour choices. The 'orange' is a little strange and the Firenze Red is so much better being a bright 'italian racing' red. My friend has a Firenze red F-Pace and it looks very good indeed.

Jaguar generally don't have a good choice of colours, most options being boring variations of grey/white or black and I'm really dissapointed they have dropped Britrish Racing Green but the first I-Pace I saw in the flesh was Corris Grey and I was surprised how good it looked. It would have been my second choice after the Caesium Blue I have gone for. Judging by the voting on this forum, Corris Grey is the most popular colour.

If you haven't had chance to look at the interior of a Jaguar before ordering it's worth visiting a Jaguar dealer and looking at the interior of an F-Pace because the quality and style are very similar. You will also see most of the colour options on other models (except for Photon orange).
Cesium Blue HSE without sunroof and dark glass ordered 2nd March, delivered 11 December.

Tophe74

Post by Tophe74 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:01 am

Sure corris grey is the most voted. Grey is the most popular color for nowdays cars ... That's part why i don t want grey. I don t like to do like the mass. I-Pace is not like others cars.
But i agree their are not much colors to choose. If i didn't chose an FE i would have gone for blue or white. But the FE stil the best equiped for the price and its limited edition.
I pace FE photon red since 20.10.18

Return to “Introductions”