New JuiceBox 32 & Pre-Conditioning your EV - Mike Mas

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
LowOnCash

New JuiceBox 32 & Pre-Conditioning your EV - Mike Mas

Post by LowOnCash » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:43 pm

Hello All - I just installed JuiceBox’s new next Gen 32 model and thought I would share it with you guys. This new unit provides the EV owner with every function you could imagine. The unit is full Wi-Fi controlled and works with your phone as well as your PC at home.

The Juicebox provides a very important functions as it allows the user to set 80% charging levels to preserve the health of the lithium cells. Juicebox also provides detailed graphs on each charging session where you can see the entire charge, taper, to even include monitoring cabin and battery pre-heating.

In this article I’ll also touch base on Pre-Heating of GM, BMW and I Pace. I hope you enjoy the article - please click on the link below for the full In-Depth review.

Click on the link below for the article:

http://www.rotory.com/ev/juice/

Enjoy- Mike Mas

Waja

Re: New JuiceBox 32 & Pre-Conditioning your EV - Mike Mas

Post by Waja » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:27 pm

Why do all of that and not use the correct wire gauge? Less than $6.00 more for 15ft of 8/2 Romex vs 10/2 Romex.
MY19 SE

LowOnCash

Post by LowOnCash » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:31 pm

Thanks for the reply - It is the correct gauge its rated at 30 amps and I'm only using 28.5 amps max. Would you complain if someone was running 19 amps on 12 gauge when its rated for 20 amps?

Take a closer look at my wire shroud and just how nice the installation looks, You won't do this with a 8 gauge bundle. You have to understand wire is UL rated way below its capability, a 10 gauge wire can handle continuous 40+ amps with no problem. Funny after all the work I did on the story, you would come up with a goofy remark about the wire when it was explained the current was turned down to 28 amps.

Regards Mike
Last edited by LowOnCash on Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scm

Post by scm » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:35 pm

LowOnCash wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:43 pm
The unit is full Wi-Fi controlled and works with your phone as well as your PC at home.
Do you mean Windows PC or does it support Linux users too?

malakai

Post by malakai » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:14 pm

I have one of last year's E-Motorwerks branded Juice boxes, and it has been great. My only critique is that when the company was bought by Enel, they shouldn't have renamed the product "X", at least not in the North American market.

"Enel's X JuiceBox" sounds like the setup for a risqué joke.
😸 ⚡ 2019 I-Pace HSE EV400 / Silicon Silver, Black / Siena Tan, Ebony, Oyster / 20" 5068's
🇺🇸 ✋ Detroit Michigan

Waja

Post by Waja » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:19 pm

My comment was more directed at following NEC codes/practices and not the DIY content.
MY19 SE

LowOnCash

Post by LowOnCash » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:16 pm

Waja wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:19 pm
My comment was more directed at following NEC codes/practices and not the DIY content.

Thanks for the reply - No problem, I just wanted to state the fact the 10 gauge wire is of ample size to handle the 28.5 amps max load the charger requires. Of course this is according to US code.

Regards