Downloadable Map of IPace Friendly Chargers in Scotland

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Abu Dhabi Dude
Posts: 773
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Downloadable Map of IPace Friendly Chargers in Scotland

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:02 pm

SammyD wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:00 am
Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:44 pm
Sorry about this folks. Not sure what the issue is but for some reason the link only adds 44 locations. The whole collection is 130! It does generate a hugely long url. I’d guess that has something to do with it. I’m looking into it but at the moment the file you download will only have about a third of the chargers I included.

Sagalout: that charger you posted is already in my collection. I assume it’s one of the missing ones. I’ll try and find out from Apple support if there is a way around this.
Is the CPS Charger at Girvan Harbour one of those missing?
Girvan Harbour was left out as it’s an eVolt compact which are unreliable with the iPace.

51mes
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:26 pm
Location: Cumbria /UK

Re: Downloadable Map of IPace Friendly Chargers in Scotland

Post by 51mes » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:43 pm

Hi,

Is there any way you can provide the source data for this? I can try to get it into say google maps to help all those android users out there.

Thanks,

S.
MY20 (Nov19) I-pace SE |AIR|Pan Roof|Light Oyster 10 way Heated Seats|F/R Splash Guards I Caesium Blue| 18" 5055 wheels
Infotainment 19C + Telematics 16.2 + H264 | Home podpoint 7Kw+ Rpi/jlrpy for timed charging.

ChrisMc
Posts: 1238
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:51 pm
Location: North West

Re: Downloadable Map of IPace Friendly Chargers in Scotland

Post by ChrisMc » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:42 pm

51mes wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:43 pm
Hi,

Is there any way you can provide the source data for this? I can try to get it into say google maps to help all those android users out there.

Thanks,

S.
An Android version would be good :D
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 Black, full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc
InControlTouch Pro: S20A_20.16.5-536345 Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2 - H228, H264, H270

Abu Dhabi Dude
Posts: 773
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Downloadable Map of IPace Friendly Chargers in Scotland

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:42 pm

Sorry. There is no “source data” as such. It’s just a collection (basically a folder) of POIs in my Apple maps app. I think the problem is that the way it shares it is via a URL with every POI as a string within the URL. I think that’s where the issue with lost chargers is. I suspect the URL is getting truncated.

51mes
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:26 pm
Location: Cumbria /UK

Re: Downloadable Map of IPace Friendly Chargers in Scotland

Post by 51mes » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:24 pm

No worries,

chrome is truncating the url, when I open it or save it. I will give it a go with curl to see if I can pul the whole url down and parse it.

Thanks.


S.
MY20 (Nov19) I-pace SE |AIR|Pan Roof|Light Oyster 10 way Heated Seats|F/R Splash Guards I Caesium Blue| 18" 5055 wheels
Infotainment 19C + Telematics 16.2 + H264 | Home podpoint 7Kw+ Rpi/jlrpy for timed charging.

SammyD
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:44 pm
Location: N.E Hampshire, UK

Re: Downloadable Map of IPace Friendly Chargers in Scotland

Post by SammyD » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:55 pm

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:02 pm
SammyD wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:00 am
Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:44 pm
Sorry about this folks. Not sure what the issue is but for some reason the link only adds 44 locations. The whole collection is 130! It does generate a hugely long url. I’d guess that has something to do with it. I’m looking into it but at the moment the file you download will only have about a third of the chargers I included.

Sagalout: that charger you posted is already in my collection. I assume it’s one of the missing ones. I’ll try and find out from Apple support if there is a way around this.
Is the CPS Charger at Girvan Harbour one of those missing?
Girvan Harbour was left out as it’s an eVolt compact which are unreliable with the iPace.
Worked first time for me in September...
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D
S20A_20.07.5-507626 Maps : whatever is current.

Abu Dhabi Dude
Posts: 773
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Downloadable Map of IPace Friendly Chargers in Scotland

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:59 pm

SammyD wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:55 pm
Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:02 pm
SammyD wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:00 am


Is the CPS Charger at Girvan Harbour one of those missing?
Girvan Harbour was left out as it’s an eVolt compact which are unreliable with the iPace.
Worked first time for me in September...
Yes, that will happen sometimes which is why I wait until I’ve had several trouble free sessions before I’ll add one. If you tried it again the next day it may not have even started. Compacts are woefully inconsistent sadly.

51mes
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:26 pm
Location: Cumbria /UK

Re: Downloadable Map of IPace Friendly Chargers in Scotland

Post by 51mes » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:12 pm

For those Android users amoungst us...

I've been parsing the URL text in the link - I can get charger names and addresses out, but still with binary data in the text (giving up tonight after having sussed the structure of the data - so I can extract it cleanly with a little code). For those who are interested the URL is UTF8/Base64 encoded and then contains a data structure, containing some binary data (probably lat/lon and some apple proprietary) , as well as charger address and name..

I seem to get about 16KB of data (around 154 chargers) from the URL supplied, can anyone using an iDevice please tell me if I'm missing stuff and I will see if I can improve what I'm starting with.
MY20 (Nov19) I-pace SE |AIR|Pan Roof|Light Oyster 10 way Heated Seats|F/R Splash Guards I Caesium Blue| 18" 5055 wheels
Infotainment 19C + Telematics 16.2 + H264 | Home podpoint 7Kw+ Rpi/jlrpy for timed charging.

Abu Dhabi Dude
Posts: 773
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Downloadable Map of IPace Friendly Chargers in Scotland

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:11 am

There should be 130 chargers in total.

Scotsman
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:09 pm
Location: Uk

Re: Downloadable Map of IPace Friendly Chargers in Scotland

Post by Scotsman » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:26 pm

Thank you 👍

I “loaded” it several time and it added more each time

Cheers

Post Reply