Custom Painted I Pace Calipers Only $7.95 - Mike Mas

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
LowOnCash

Custom Painted I Pace Calipers Only $7.95 - Mike Mas

Post by LowOnCash » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:53 pm

Hey guys - If you would like to sharpen up your I Pace, having painted calipers really make the wheels stand out. It just takes a few hours and you can have you calipers any color you like. While I was trending on painting the calipers green, since I seen a Panamera with green calipers, I instead decided to stay with my original color tones, however I didn’t want them to blend in, so I opted for a bit brighter orange so I went off to my local Auto Zone to pick up a can, but ended up using some Kubota orange which I had in the shop since this color really pops.

Of course taking off the wheels is the easiest way to do it, but rather than chance taking off the wheels and blocking the rack for an hour, I just did it right at home. Basically all I did was mask up two of the wheel spokes first, then I cut a piece of stiff heavy card stock to make a brake disk cover, which simply slides right up to the caliper to protect the brake disk from paint. Here’s an image of the spokes taped up and ready to go. Make sure you clean off the brake dust off the caliper before painting. The last step is having your girl sit in the seat and creep forward every few minutes as you paint the caliper.

Anyhow I’m more than pleased how they came out, this is not the first car where I painted the calipers. While you can buy heat proof paint if your like, its not required on electric cars since the service brakes are hardly used.

P.S. You might have noticed my mud guards are also in these images, I pushed up the air suspension to make it a bit easier. I'll do another article showing the installation!

Enjoy Mike

IainB14

Re: Custom Painted I Pace Calipers Only $7.95 - Mike Mas

Post by IainB14 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:13 am

Nice idea, tempted to try this.

“ The last step is having your girl sit in the seat and creep forward every few minutes”. Presumably male partners are also capable of performing this task.
2018 SE, Indus silver, 6007 alloys, pano roof