Headlights too dipped?

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
IainB14

Headlights too dipped?

Post by IainB14 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:09 am

Is everyone happy with the dipped headlights on their car? My SE has the non-matrix LEDs, and when driving on A and B roads last night I really felt they were over-dipped, making looking down the road at times very tricky.

I have Auto High Beam Assist (AHBA) turned off, but I am guessing this should not affect the degree of dipping.

Can the amount of dipping be adjusted? The owner’s guide says not, but maybe this can be done by a dealer?
2018 SE, Indus silver, 6007 alloys, pano roof

GoneNuts

Re: Headlights too dipped?

Post by GoneNuts » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:28 am

IainB14 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:09 am
Is everyone happy with the dipped headlights on their car? My SE has the non-matrix LEDs, and when driving on A and B roads last night I really felt they were over-dipped, making looking down the road at times very tricky.

I have Auto High Beam Assist (AHBA) turned off, but I am guessing this should not affect the degree of dipping.

Can the amount of dipping be adjusted? The owner’s guide says not, but maybe this can be done by a dealer?
Iain, is it possible that the headlights are set for the opposite of what side of the road that you drive? For example, if you drive on the left hand side but the headlight setting in the instrument panel is for right hand drive you'll lose visibility. If the setting is correct then I'm not sure why the headlights seem dim - unless the auto-leveling system is not working. I don't have the matrix system and find visibility to be excellent.

ELray

Post by ELray » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:24 pm

GoneNuts wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:28 am
Iain, is it possible that the headlights are set for the opposite of what side of the road that you drive? For example, if you drive on the left hand side but the headlight setting in the instrument panel is for right hand drive you'll lose visibility. If the setting is correct then I'm not sure why the headlights seem dim - unless the auto-leveling system is not working. I don't have the matrix system and find visibility to be excellent.
I have tried to change this setting toward a wall to see any difference, but the light picture is exactly the same. No change at all...
🇳🇴 Norway
💥I-Pace S Edition
💥Build date: 1 Feb 2019 | Delivered: 15 March 2019
⚙️H264: 06.01.20
⚙️H280: 02.07.20
⚙️Telematics: 18.2 (24.07.20)
⚙️InControl: S20B1_20.30.2-578440 (12.08.20)
⚙️BECS: BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE
⚙️Maps: 08.030.0107.0158 (08.05.20)

IainB14

Post by IainB14 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:48 pm

GoneNuts wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:28 am
Hadn’t thought of that! Will check tomorrow.
2018 SE, Indus silver, 6007 alloys, pano roof

DougTheMac

Post by DougTheMac » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:47 pm

IainB14 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:09 am

Hi Iain
Alignment can certainly be adjusted by dealer. My car had a minor (!) argument with a bush requiring a new headlight and front skirt etc. After the repair, the dipped beam was so dipped you could only drive at 20mph. Quickly sorted by dealer.
HSE Silicon Silver Pano Air+AD Oyster since 1Mar19
S19B_19.40.4-436082 & anon