Cheap rate charging

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
Baseltiger

Cheap rate charging

Post by Baseltiger » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:36 am

Do the boffs at JLR even read the feedback? I want to be able to set the default charging time for my iPace either in the car or App, to take advantage of cheaper electricity on cheaper rate periods. The basic process of setting the charging period doesn't work so I end up starting the charge earlier and paying the premium. You wouldn't think it would be that difficult given that they produced an EV. Where is the feedback loop for improvement? I'm in Switzerland and my dealer just smiled when I say he should raise the issues. I'd also like to be able to select Eco as my default driving mode, again just polite smiles. Such an amazing car, such appalling support.

Abu Dhabi Dude

Re: Cheap rate charging

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:58 am

Baseltiger wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:36 am
Do the boffs at JLR even read the feedback? I want to be able to set the default charging time for my iPace either in the car or App, to take advantage of cheaper electricity on cheaper rate periods. The basic process of setting the charging period doesn't work so I end up starting the charge earlier and paying the premium. You wouldn't think it would be that difficult given that they produced an EV. Where is the feedback loop for improvement? I'm in Switzerland and my dealer just smiled when I say he should raise the issues. I'd also like to be able to select Eco as my default driving mode, again just polite smiles. Such an amazing car, such appalling support.
JLR are very aware of their customers’ opinions on this one. They have said that they received the message “loud and clear”. However they have to run it past several departments to get approval to change anything. The engineer who said this sounded a little exasperated when he said that he couldn’t guarantee it would ever be changed.

Baseltiger

Post by Baseltiger » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:07 am

Thanks for the feedback. Can you tell me how you know this?

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:10 am

Baseltiger wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:07 am
Thanks for the feedback. Can you tell me how you know this?
There is a widely circulated video showing a presentation by a JLR engineer to consumers in Norway. It was brought up in the Q&A session and that was his response.

Billy Bunter

Post by Billy Bunter » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:08 pm

Baseltiger wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:36 am
apparently it is a requirement that the default mode has to be the same one used in WLTP testing. If true, it’s not under JLR control.
SE, Firenze Red, Black Pack & Black 20” wheels, Air Suspention, HUD, ACC, DAB+