H280?

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Abu Dhabi Dude
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: H280?

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:08 pm

gt03raf wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:57 pm
well H280 installed and i have absolutely no idea what its supposed to have done.
the hope of improving the compatibility with the older style charges from polar etc certainly hasnt materialised. my car still wont charge on them.

i'm 99% certain i'll be swapping it for a model y performance as soon as im able just because of the charging
Just be aware that if you’re travelling outside the areas covered by the supercharger network the Model 3 suffers the same compatibility issues with older chargers. They have the same problems on the evolts on the ChargePlace Scotland network as the iPace does. So there’s a high probability they’ll also have issues on the other networks that struggle with iPace. But if you’re sticking to the areas where there are superchargers you’ll be fine.

User avatar
ELray
Posts: 595
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:02 am
Location: Norway

Re: H280?

Post by ELray » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:11 am

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:08 pm
gt03raf wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:57 pm
well H280 installed and i have absolutely no idea what its supposed to have done.
the hope of improving the compatibility with the older style charges from polar etc certainly hasnt materialised. my car still wont charge on them.

i'm 99% certain i'll be swapping it for a model y performance as soon as im able just because of the charging
Just be aware that if you’re travelling outside the areas covered by the supercharger network the Model 3 suffers the same compatibility issues with older chargers. They have the same problems on the evolts on the ChargePlace Scotland network as the iPace does. So there’s a high probability they’ll also have issues on the other networks that struggle with iPace. But if you’re sticking to the areas where there are superchargers you’ll be fine.
In other words, it can’t get worse, but it might not get any better.
If you have winter roads where you drive, please be sure to try the Tesla at bad winter conditions before you buy. I tried a tm3 and it’s handling was way worse than my ipace.
🇳🇴 Norway
:arrow: I-Pace S Edition X590 (19MY)
:arrow: Build date: 1 Feb 2019 | Delivered: 15 March 2019
⚙️ H264: 06.01.20
⚙️ Telematics: 16.2
⚙️ InControl(updOTA:13.12.19): 19C_19.46.4-458817
⚙️ BECS: Unknown
⚙️ Maps(upd:06.02.20): 08.030.0104.0157

CCR99
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:50 pm
Location: Southend on sea/UK

Re: H280?

Post by CCR99 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:22 am

My H280 update is booked for Wed 25th march.
not sure what is going to give me in terms of range. think its for better rapid charging

Abu Dhabi Dude
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: H280?

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:50 am

CCR99 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:22 am
My H280 update is booked for Wed 25th march.
not sure what is going to give me in terms of range. think its for better rapid charging
H280 doesn’t change charging speed, just improves compatibility with some charger models.

Abu Dhabi Dude
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: H280?

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:59 am

D’oh! Post removed because I’m an idiot you can see it quoted below if you need proof of that).
Last edited by Abu Dhabi Dude on Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kermit68
Posts: 260
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:06 pm
Location: Rome / Italy

Re: H280?

Post by kermit68 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:06 pm

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:59 am
Ok I’m just going to put this out there. I want to start by saying I’m also affected by this. Mine was taxed on Jan 1st so I could theoretically SORN the car and re-tax it on the first.

But. We are in very unusual times. All of this will take up resources. Even just contacting agents to ask them lots of questions. I feel that the last thing government departments need right now is a bunch of very well off people with 60-80 grand cars pestering them to get £200-300 back on car tax. So I’m just going to leave it and be happy in January when I don’t have to pay again.

I understand the issue with cars due on 1st April is different. My advice is just wait until April 1st and tax it. If it makes you pay then apply for a refund. But right now I feel there are bigger things going on.
Wrong thread ? ;)
MY20 Yulong White SE, 20", air suspension, privacy glass, black pack and other fine stuffs

scm
Posts: 900
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:11 pm
Location: Southampton

Re: H280?

Post by scm » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:41 pm

kermit68 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:06 pm
Wrong thread ? ;)
He's post isolating. ;)

Abu Dhabi Dude
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: H280?

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:15 pm

Thanks! Oops! Maybe I need to self isolate more!

Volkswarren
Posts: 400
Joined: Sun May 19, 2019 8:55 pm
Location: Stourbridge

Re: H280?

Post by Volkswarren » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:03 pm

Mine was booked in for today, unfortunately it's been cancelled.
HSE, Caesium Blue, 22" 5056 Alloys, Oyster Leather, Active Air Suspension, Cold Pack, Black Pack, Privacy glass and Pano roof. Podpoint Homecharger. Telematics: 16.2 | InControl: S19B_19.40.4-436082

SammyD
Posts: 1020
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:44 pm
Location: N.E Hampshire, UK

Re: H280?

Post by SammyD » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:36 pm

Volkswarren wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:03 pm
Mine was booked in for today, unfortunately it's been cancelled.
I found out today that my next trip to the Dentists has been canceled. It was due at the end of August. Is that how long this thing is expected to go on?
I'll be going stir crazy well before then.
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D
S19C_* Maps : whatever is current.

Post Reply