Covid19 and I-Pace

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
kermit68

Covid19 and I-Pace

Post by kermit68 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:20 pm

So, let's start talking about the elefant in the room :D

My car has been parked since thursday 12th as we are not allowed to move unless for specific reasons. My company was very well prepared with regards to home working (here in Italy is called "smrt working" but I'm not sure it's a correct use of the english language) so the onlòy valide reason left I have to drive my car is food shopping. Yesterady I took a very exciting 1,5km (1 mile) drive to the supermarket and of course the same 1,5km to come home. I was so badly in the need of driving the I-Pace that even that lousy drive was enjoyable :lol:
Beside not let the battery sitting at very high or very low state of charge do you have any suggestion? Any small mainteinance work I can do in my spare time (too much to be honest) not involving driving?
Are there any other of you in the same situation?
MY20 Yulong White SE, 20", air suspension, privacy glass, black pack and other fine stuffs

Abu Dhabi Dude

Re: Covid19 and I-Pace

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:18 pm

I’m unable to work from home, so life will go on as normal (well as much as possible anyway) for me. I suspect if I was stuck at home and unable to go anywhere I’d have to say that my car would be the cleanest it’s ever been.

Sorry to hear you’re stuck indoors. I saw a very upsetting item on Sky News this morning from Northern Italy. Really made it hit home just how bad things are. Stay safe Kermit.

Al's Ipace

Post by Al's Ipace » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:11 pm

Luckily for me I don't have to work any more. Been sort of staying in at home a bit more then usual. Wife organising helping the older people in our village with shopping, prescriptions or just a chat. So car was looking a bit dirty after going shopping and down to the doctors for the prescriptions. Blue sky's and no rain forecast for a few days, decided to clean the car. A morning well spent.

IMG_1983c.JPG

IMG_1984c.JPG

kermit68

Post by kermit68 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:01 pm

That's the right spirit. :)
Here winter is coming back in a couple of days, A kind of very cold for Rome and some rain before and after the temperature drop so it's pointless to wash the car for me, even if I should as it's more than dirty. I'll wait a few days, we are not coming out from this in a short time. The virus peak is expected not earlier than beginning of April ...
MY20 Yulong White SE, 20", air suspension, privacy glass, black pack and other fine stuffs

Bart

Post by Bart » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:19 pm

Just back from my day shift at the hospital. We are taking care of 60+ corona cases. Surgery department is empty and we (internal medicine / pulmonology) needed to took over their wards. And we are only at the beginning of the Tsunami of patients. Many people experience relatively mild symptoms and "only" need extra oxygen. Many others, especially the elderly, but also younger ones (youngest one admitted: 23 years old) are in bad condition. Although the out-patient clinics seem desolated, It is kind of wartime inside the hospital. Everything is changed.

The discrepancy between spring approaching, the early sunrise, the singing birds, vs. the dying people is simply shocking. Too many people with no connection to the medical world do not see the seriousness of the situation. We fear the situation like in Italy. Fortunately we had some time to prepare, at least mentally. Everybody is willing to cooperate. Many changes which normally take years of talking are arranged in a few minutes now.
I fear we will really be overwhelmed by the number of patients.

Fortunately spring is starting so I prefer to take the bike to go the hospital. This way I empty my mind a bit and enjoy nature. Everything is corona now and will be for quite a while.. With regard to the I-Pace: when they need me urgently I will be there really fast with those empty streets! (no lockdown in place in NL yet but I bet it will come.)
I had planned to go to a couple of medical congresses in Milano, Paris, London and Copenhagen all with the I-Pace. Not this year and I fear: no summer holiday in Norway..
Corris Grey, Black Exterior Pack, 20" 5-split spoke 5070, Air-suspension, HUD, DAB+,
Heated Windscreen, Heated Steering Wheel
--
In control (OTA): S19C_19.46.4-458817 -- H264 -- connectivity 15.2
Ordered 04-2018, Delivered 12-2018

Daon7800

Post by Daon7800 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:56 pm

My car is now delayed to at least end May (was originally late March but the date has been all over the place). I can see it being delayed even longer as a result of the parts shortages then the need to ship to the UK and deliver to me, all with the possibility of some sort of lockdown coming to the UK.
Waiting on HSE

I-Pace

Post by I-Pace » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:58 pm

Bart wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:19 pm
Just back from my day shift at the hospital. We are taking care of 60+ corona cases. Surgery department is empty and we (internal medicine / pulmonology) needed to took over their wards. And we are only at the beginning of the Tsunami of patients. Many people experience relatively mild symptoms and "only" need extra oxygen. Many others, especially the elderly, but also younger ones (youngest one admitted: 23 years old) are in bad condition. Although the out-patient clinics seem desolated, It is kind of wartime inside the hospital. Everything is changed.

The discrepancy between spring approaching, the early sunrise, the singing birds, vs. the dying people is simply shocking. Too many people with no connection to the medical world do not see the seriousness of the situation. We fear the situation like in Italy. Fortunately we had some time to prepare, at least mentally. Everybody is willing to cooperate. Many changes which normally take years of talking are arranged in a few minutes now.
I fear we will really be overwhelmed by the number of patients.

Fortunately spring is starting so I prefer to take the bike to go the hospital. This way I empty my mind a bit and enjoy nature. Everything is corona now and will be for quite a while.. With regard to the I-Pace: when they need me urgently I will be there really fast with those empty streets! (no lockdown in place in NL yet but I bet it will come.)
I had planned to go to a couple of medical congresses in Milano, Paris, London and Copenhagen all with the I-Pace. Not this year and I fear: no summer holiday in Norway..
We are so grateful for you and your team hard work Bart. Saving fantastic lives or driving a fantastic car...the car can wait. Take care of us but also take care of yourself.

d111112

Post by d111112 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:10 pm

Daon7800 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:56 pm
My car is now delayed to at least end May (was originally late March but the date has been all over the place). I can see it being delayed even longer as a result of the parts shortages then the need to ship to the UK and deliver to me, all with the possibility of some sort of lockdown coming to the UK.
I think the factory here in Austria is completely stopped for the time being. The government issued a lot of directives and forced a shutdown of great parts of the Austrian economy. According to the latest information this status will remain at least until 13th of April and they will decide if and how to proceed after this phase (continue this shutdow situation for some extra time or change some rules...)
I Pace EV400 S, fuji white, air susp; 18“ MY19, delivered 02/2019
H228/H264 | IMC: S19C...| Telematics: 18.2 (J8A2-70712-AY) | BECM: BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE | Home Charger: go-e HOME+
... :arrow: Didi

RobN

Post by RobN » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:40 pm

My best wishes to Kermit & everyone impacted by this virus. Also, sincere thanks to Bart & all those on the medical frontline; 2 of my kids are medics and my wife is returning to nursing to help with this extraordinary situation.

On the not using you I-Pace for a while firstly my sympathy & secondly I think the perceived wisdom is don’t leave it sitting with either a full or empty battery (best somewhere between 25-80%). Also check tyres before going for first drive and let any flat spots run off before pushing it.

Stay well all!
SE MY20 Corris Grey, 20” wheels, oyster leather 10 way seats, panoramic roof, black trim + privacy glass + 7kWh Podpoint & ICE XK8 Conv 1996 (Jag owner/enthusiast since 1994 :D )

kermit68

Post by kermit68 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:35 pm

Thanks Rob and of course to Bart for his work.
If anybody is interested to monitor the real itlaian situation bypassing the press the may not be always objective, here is the real to the State Department in charge of managing crisis in Italy (Protezione Civile):
http://opendatadpc.maps.arcgis.com/apps ... e38d4138b1
It's in italian but it should be pretty easy to understand. It is updated evry afternoon a little bit after 18:00. As you can see more than half of all cases are in northern Italy while the rest of the country is affected but not as much. In any case I don't think we'll be out from that in less then a month.
It' will be time to swap tires and put the summer ones to the car by that.