Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:54 pm
More than a few times to knock off 10% lol
You’d be surprised.

Deleted User 325

Re: Sat at 100% Charge due to Covid-19

Post by Deleted User 325 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:32 pm

NightFox wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:31 am
So thanks to all the sun of the last few days, my I-Pace is sat at 100% charge, but with little prospect of being able to use it for the next few weeks. A weekly 3 mile round trip to the local supermarket is hardly going to make a dint.

So, assuming that being sat at 100% for an extended period isn't great for the battery, any suggestions for running the battery down to a more suitable "storage" level, or is that not really necessary?

For context, I'm in the UK where the current guidance (which some police forces are actively enforcing) is that people should only be driving for essential reasons (e.g. essential jobs, shopping etc) and not leisure, even if they're not planning on getting out of the car.
In the UK you are allowed to go out for exercise once a day:
"One form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household."
So throw a couple of trainers in the back of the car, target a park 20 miles away, drive there, when you get there think better of it (too high a risk of encountering others). turn around and drive back. Enjoy your exercise of the jag. In the extremely unlikely event you get pulled over and interrogated - simply tell them the absolute truth. You will be harming no-one and doing your mental health a pile of good! Solve your problem with a clear conscience!

ChrisMc

Post by ChrisMc » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:19 pm

Around here the police have put road blocks in place to many of the areas people would normally go for walks, etc, touristy type places, they say you can walk there but are not allowed to drive there. One place only a couple of miles from me, its a place many people go to walk dogs etc, down the side of a river, they just won't allow any cars into the place, only people on foot.
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 Black, full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc
InControlTouch Pro: S18D Updated 31.07.19 Update 20.09 & 21.10 to S19B, S19C 15.12 Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2 - H228, H264, H270

Deleted User 325

Post by Deleted User 325 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:25 pm

I certainly understand the special problems faced by beauty spots, and would not suggest targeting such.

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:41 pm

mjc wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:32 pm
NightFox wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:31 am
So thanks to all the sun of the last few days, my I-Pace is sat at 100% charge, but with little prospect of being able to use it for the next few weeks. A weekly 3 mile round trip to the local supermarket is hardly going to make a dint.

So, assuming that being sat at 100% for an extended period isn't great for the battery, any suggestions for running the battery down to a more suitable "storage" level, or is that not really necessary?

For context, I'm in the UK where the current guidance (which some police forces are actively enforcing) is that people should only be driving for essential reasons (e.g. essential jobs, shopping etc) and not leisure, even if they're not planning on getting out of the car.
In the UK you are allowed to go out for exercise once a day:
"One form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household."
So throw a couple of trainers in the back of the car, target a park 20 miles away, drive there, when you get there think better of it (too high a risk of encountering others). turn around and drive back. Enjoy your exercise of the jag. In the extremely unlikely event you get pulled over and interrogated - simply tell them the absolute truth. You will be harming no-one and doing your mental health a pile of good! Solve your problem with a clear conscience!
Until you have a car accident and cause more pressure to the NHS.

Honestly, I’m appalled at the number of people I see and hear trying to find “ways around this” as if they’re being oh so clever. You’re not. You’re being incredibly stupid, reckless and selfish. Stay in unless absolutely necessary means exactly that. What part of it confuses you?

Paul J.

Post by Paul J. » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:17 pm

Leave it at 100%. Why waste energy??
Corris Grey First Edition

Deleted User 325

Post by Deleted User 325 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:28 pm

I stand corrected

scm

Post by scm » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:57 pm

Paul J. wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:17 pm
Leave it at 100%. Why waste energy??
Because Jaguar recommends not leaving it at 100% for prolonged periods? But it's your battery, and your choice.

Volkswarren

Post by Volkswarren » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:13 pm

Mines at 77% now. I'll wont charge it again until it's down a lot more and that could be quite some time.
HSE, Caesium Blue, 22" 5056 Alloys, Oyster Leather, Active Air Suspension, Cold Pack, Black Pack, Privacy glass and Pano roof. Podpoint Homecharger. Telematics: 16.2 | InControl: S19B_19.40.4-436082

Quakered

Post by Quakered » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:41 pm

NightFox wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:36 pm
Quakered wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:23 pm
...Better still, we are on the highest rate of FiT so we get 54p for every Kwh we generate! So the taxman is paying us to fill our car with electrons!
Wow, that hurts! I got my PV after FiT so right now because I'm not charging the car, once my hot water has heated up I'm just sending my electrons back up the grid for nothing for the rest of the day. I did consider a battery, but the numbers just didn't work out; it would have reached the end of its life before it had paid for itself.

We were also meant to be getting our Mini Electric within the next couple of weeks which would have been something else to use those electrons for, but the Mini plant shut down last week :roll:
I confess I looked at PV before the FiT and could not see any way to make it work financially no matter how creative the man-maths! Once the FiT was announced I though £1,500 a year, tax free and index linked for 25 years seemed a no-brainer. Also managed to get mine installed in that window just before FiT was introduced so I could also get the £2,500 government grant towards PV. Cost to me was £10k. Once the Powerwall was released, again could not see the financial justification. However with a little man-maths I decided to lump the £6k cost into the spend on the PV so looking at at around £1.8k pa return on an investment of £16K. I know the accountants will say this does not allow for the depreciation but as an old pensioner my interest is in improving cashflow, not capital growth (or contraction!)
SE Firenze Red, Oyster leather, glass roof, HUD, Air Suspension, delivered 6/19