Phantom drain

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
emgf
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:31 pm
Location: Paris

Phantom drain

Post by emgf » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:04 pm

Hi Stacie,
Tesla batteries are draining, like all batteries, and loosing between 5 to 9 miles per day ( depending on the model)

Do you have released any figures for the I-Pace ?
How much battery charge will be available if I go on holidays for 3 weeks and leave my I Pace uncharged ?
I leave in Paris and cannot charge my car at home .

Thks

Miguel
SE Yulong White , light oyster interior , 20" Gloss Black , since October 9th 2018


User avatar
mjc
Posts: 261
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 2:43 pm
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Re: Phantom drain

Post by mjc » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:14 pm

Subsidiary question: Can the I-Pace be turned off completely (for instance when locked and on holiday away, not connected to a supply, or for when travelling on Euro-Tunnel, unlocked). I have read that Tesla Model S has this function, so I hope I-Pace will have also.
I-Pace HSE delivered 14/12/2018 - Farallon Black, Air++, oyster interior, panoramic roof, 20" std wheels


Gdank
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: Phantom drain

Post by Gdank » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:36 pm

I remember them saying there will be some drain but no where near Tesla levels.

As for fully off I have no idea.


Mark_T
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:24 pm
Location: UK

Re: Phantom drain

Post by Mark_T » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:01 am

Even Tesla’s are not routinely losing that much a day unless you decide to leave the car always connected to WiFi, or use an app that constantly interrogates it for data, or use the ac to keep the cabin temperature down.

2-3 miles a day is perfectly achievable if you let it go to sleep properly and don’t keep waking it up.

I imagine the Jaguar will be similarly affected by user choices...


newtoEVs
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:41 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Phantom drain

Post by newtoEVs » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:54 am

I recall being told by Jaguar at the launch in Graz that battery drain really is very low. I don't remember the exact figure but it was something like one percent a week.


Chewy
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:46 pm
Location: UK

Re: Phantom drain

Post by Chewy » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:20 am

I left mine for a week while I travelled overseas. It reported 119 miles range when I left it. On returning after a week, it had 119 miles range indicated. My 2016 Tesla MS would lose around 8 miles a day if left for a similar period.
Caesium Blue S. 250mi range on 18” wheels in the Winter.


EDi99
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:46 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Phantom drain

Post by EDi99 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:32 am

Chewy wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:20 am
I left mine for a week while I travelled overseas. It reported 119 miles range when I left it. On returning after a week, it had 119 miles range indicated. My 2016 Tesla MS would lose around 8 miles a day if left for a similar period.
Do realize - these figures of "range" are based on calculations. Or no-calculation at all.... Also there is a difference between the two ways of showing "range". The Jag is using your past driving characteristics (whatever the math used..). Tesla uses "Typical Range" based on average usage of app. 200wH per km. The math is always the same. This means that if you drive on this average consumption it's "exactly" showing the distance you can still drive given your SoC.. Obviously this is only an issue on longer roadtrips where you need to reach the next (super)charger or destination.

Every battery loses energy over time - the one in the I-Pace included. I'm afraid that as it looks like the GOM is based on driving characteristics it's not taking this into account. Interesting to see what others are experiencing after longer wait periods..


Kameel
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:20 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Phantom drain

Post by Kameel » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:11 pm

I also left my i pace 7 days, the battery was 64% charged and the range 216km, after coming back both were unchanged.


emgf
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:31 pm
Location: Paris

Re: Phantom drain

Post by emgf » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:33 pm

Kameel wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:11 pm
I also left my i pace 7 days, the battery was 64% charged and the range 216km, after coming back both were unchanged.
I left mine for 5 days and lost 15km or 3km/day
SE Yulong White , light oyster interior , 20" Gloss Black , since October 9th 2018


Chewy
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:46 pm
Location: UK

Re: Phantom drain

Post by Chewy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:39 am

EDi99 wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:32 am
Chewy wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:20 am
I left mine for a week while I travelled overseas. It reported 119 miles range when I left it. On returning after a week, it had 119 miles range indicated. My 2016 Tesla MS would lose around 8 miles a day if left for a similar period.
Do realize - these figures of "range" are based on calculations. Or no-calculation at all.... Also there is a difference between the two ways of showing "range". The Jag is using your past driving characteristics (whatever the math used..). Tesla uses "Typical Range" based on average usage of app. 200wH per km. The math is always the same. This means that if you drive on this average consumption it's "exactly" showing the distance you can still drive given your SoC.. Obviously this is only an issue on longer roadtrips where you need to reach the next (super)charger or destination.

Every battery loses energy over time - the one in the I-Pace included. I'm afraid that as it looks like the GOM is based on driving characteristics it's not taking this into account. Interesting to see what others are experiencing after longer wait periods..
Sorry, I did not make it clear, my %age charge level
remained the same.
Caesium Blue S. 250mi range on 18” wheels in the Winter.


Post Reply

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”