braking / regen...

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Darkhelmet

braking / regen...

Post by Darkhelmet » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:44 pm

When regen is set to „low“:
Are the disc-brakes activated as soon as I touch the brake pedal?
Or is the initial braking performed by higher regeneration and the disc-braking starts when I press the brake pedal harder?

I hope you know what I mean! ;-)
Vesper: „Rolex?“
Bond: „Omega.“
Vesper: „Beautiful!“

Jelle v/d Meer

Re: braking / regen...

Post by Jelle v/d Meer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:53 pm

Darkhelmet wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:44 pm
When regen is set to „low“:
Are the disc-brakes activated as soon as I touch the brake pedal?
Or is the initial braking performed by higher regeneration and the disc-braking starts when I press the brake pedal harder?

I hope you know what I mean! ;-)
To my knowledge when you apply the brake you activare the disc brakes regardless if regen is low or high. The regen starts to happen automatically when you let go of the gaspedal (sorry should say power pedal).
So if you want to hypermile and coast to a rolling stop you can’t take your foot from the power pedal but need to keep it on so that it is exactly between regen and accelerate.
I-pace S I Ceasium Blue I Ordered 25-04 I Production 8th October I Delivery +/- wk44

Tophe74

Post by Tophe74 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:19 pm

i think u can do regen with the brake pedal to as explained in jaguar's i-pace video.
They say 0.2 g with gas pedal and 0.2 g more with brake oedal befor it uses the physical brake.
Thay's why some journalist found the brake pedal a bit disapointing during reviews.

RichT

Post by RichT » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:10 pm

For reference this was discussed at length on the Leaf forums a few years back.
It turned out (after careful data logging) that any touch of the brake pedal caused the pads
to move into the contact with the discs. Then further pressure would first use just regen before starting
to apply the pads more strongly. The idea being to give a better brake pedal feel Ie. less obvious
transition to friction braking (as was present in the old Prius).
This meant it was always slightly more efficient to drive with the regen set to high rather than just
applying the foot pedal lightly.

Of course I realise the I-Pace may be different.

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”