Post by Captain.Plummet » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:28 pm

Goshdarnit wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:21 pm
Captain.Plummet wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:05 pm
Goshdarnit wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:59 pm

Um..... Ya did.

If you say so, but lying is a strong word and I'm saying that he may be genuine in his belief that he's going to crack 300 mile range but it does not compute unless he has a longer range I-Pace than I.
No. You accused him, in black and white, of resetting his GoM and denying it. And said you do not believe he is getting the range he is claiming. It's not a case of "if I say so". Those are your words above, quoted verbatim. So yes, you did.
I'm sure he can stand up for himself.

Goshdarnit

Re: I-Pace range

Post by Goshdarnit » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:30 pm

And I'm just as sure that he shouldn't have to.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.07.2-312706 Telematics: 14.2

Control your iPace with Siri voice commands

Marcom

Post by Marcom » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:56 pm

Seems like this discussion is spinning of a bit to far .....
The bottom line is that JLR sold me and probably many others a car based on certain facts and expectations and they have not delivered on most of them. ( just read the first brochure I got from the dealer last summer.)
Range, charging speed, OTA where the main reasons for me to buy and I-Pace and after 7 months of ownership none of those promised
Expectations have been met......... The Range is awful, charging speed I ridiculous and god knows what happens to the SOTA.
So despite what range people claim and what hassle you have to go through to achieve it I’m still extremely disappointed.
If I buy a gallon of wine I want a gallon of wine, If i get 2 gallons I would be more than great full, but if I only get half a gallon I’d be really pissed of when I get home.......

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:07 pm

Outbound was slightly quieter road so average was a bit higher.

Ambient in outbound was from 9degC to 15degC.

Ambient on inbound journey hovered around 19degC.

I will leave the rest to you....

Outbound

198E75A8-A8F1-4F7C-B1FE-FBB53D01298C.jpeg

Inbound

60C8C2ED-0FB1-43DB-A109-3DEDF0F08E0E.jpeg

Caesium Blue S. 250mi range on 18” wheels in the Winter. Hoping for 300 miles range when it warms up. S19A-07, 15.2

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:14 pm

And here is the combined trip report from the car....

4047C860-EA91-4E59-B7A5-13B53ED9B8A1.jpeg

And though the GOM is not strictly accurate, I will post up what it says tomorrow after a full charge.
Caesium Blue S. 250mi range on 18” wheels in the Winter. Hoping for 300 miles range when it warms up. S19A-07, 15.2

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:13 pm

Goshdarnit wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:21 pm
[
No. You accused him, in black and white, of resetting his GoM and denying it. And said you do not believe he is getting the range he is claiming. It's not a case of "if I say so". Those are your words above, quoted verbatim. So yes, you did.
Thanks. I will not comment on the words of someone who accuses me of lying, so try not to worry too much about what is said.

I’ve done a run today and recorded both directions and posted up earlier.

I have posted what the car says. I don’t think Jaguar are lying. The car simply reports what it sees. If it’s wrong, then I am not sure how because the distance travelled and everything else add up correctly.

DougTheMac

Post by DougTheMac » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:30 pm

Chewy, we’re all just jealous, really.
Personally, I’ve never got even close to your results, but then I’ve got a heavier HSE with 20” wheels, and I’ve done very few long trips so far. You do seem to have either the patience (or the congestion) to drive a lot slower than I do.
A few questions to get the benefit of your advice:
You have posted several long treatises on EV-efficient driving style. Would it be fair to summarise the technique as trying hard to keep the power/regen needle from moving?
Do you “soak” the car (several hours on the charger after first reaching 100% SoC), and do you think that has any effect?
You mention changing imminently to 20” wheels for summer. Does that mean you are actually on winter tyres on your 18s? If so, your figures are even more creditable. What tyres do you have?
And to make the rest of us feel better, do you think it’s actually possible you’ve got an unusually good battery? (Or maybe that makes us feel worse...).
Looking forward to the 300mi when you get back from giving I-Paces something to overtake...
HSE Silicon Silver Pano Air+AD Oyster since 1Mar19
S18D_18.47.5-269316 & 14.2

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:08 pm

DougTheMac wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:30 pm
Chewy, we’re all just jealous, really.
Personally, I’ve never got even close to your results, but then I’ve got a heavier HSE with 20” wheels, and I’ve done very few long trips so far. You do seem to have either the patience (or the congestion) to drive a lot slower than I do.
A few questions to get the benefit of your advice:
You have posted several long treatises on EV-efficient driving style. Would it be fair to summarise the technique as trying hard to keep the power/regen needle from moving?
Do you “soak” the car (several hours on the charger after first reaching 100% SoC), and do you think that has any effect?
You mention changing imminently to 20” wheels for summer. Does that mean you are actually on winter tyres on your 18s? If so, your figures are even more creditable. What tyres do you have?
And to make the rest of us feel better, do you think it’s actually possible you’ve got an unusually good battery? (Or maybe that makes us feel worse...).
Looking forward to the 300mi when you get back from giving I-Paces something to overtake...
Smiles. I don’t think I do anything special other than not flooring the throttle when I want to get Range. I do treat the car like a Jaguar when I don’t need Range :-)

For range, I try to keep the needle within the bounds the words “Power” and Charge”. I would also have the instantaneous display of kWh consumption up as well. Also I display the full trip meter. Just watch your average kWh consumption and you will know exactly what range you will get if you reset your trip each journey.

From the 10,000 miles I have done I would suggest that 0% to 100% indicated SoC is about 82kWh of battery. The is additional “usable” range at both ends, though not all the way to 0%and not all the way to 100%

I almost always charge overnight on a 7kW charger and use Preconditioning by letting the car know when I want to leave in the morning. So yes, the car probably does soak at 100%, but Jaguar are in control of that.

The GOM is only a toy and I don’t really pay much attention to it. I know the SoC and I can see what the average and actual kWh consumption are, I get my miles left from those. I have had the low battery warning a couple of times, I think it comes on about 9% SoC. Never suffered any noticeable loss of power though.

I will generally reset the B Trip and use this when doing long journeys. This way I know the average kWh usage I am getting for the current trip I am on.

The tyres are not winter tyres, they are the general purpose ones put on all 18” wheels for the I-Pace I think....

3D13A2D3-640C-4309-8667-D5ACA240A5A8.jpeg

Wheels have not been washed for about a month. No brake dust :-)

emgf

Post by emgf » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:49 pm

Very impressive indeed Chewy
SE Yulong White , light oyster interior , 20" Gloss Black , since October 9th 2018

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”