MY21 OBD2 port location

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
ianipace

MY21 OBD2 port location

Post by ianipace » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:28 pm

Can someone tell me where the OBD2 port is on a RHD MY21 I-Pace?
It is NOT, that I can see, under the steering wheel as it is on a MY19 and MY20 cars.
This is weird, because why would they move it on what is really only a facelift model.
And yes, I have checked on the passenger side around the glove box!

So where have JLR hidden it?

Stay safe

Ian
MY2019 SE in Caesium Blue. Panoramic roof and Gloss Black 18" wheels. Ohme Smart charger.

kermit68

Re: MY21 OBD2 port location

Post by kermit68 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:31 pm

Weird, on the MY21 LHD it's exactly in the same location as in the MY19/20 models.
MY21 Yulong White SE, 20", head-up display, air susp, matrix lights, privacy glass, black pack and other fine stuffs
MY20 SE - gone

ianipace

Post by ianipace » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:38 pm

I'll answer my own question by saying 'Found it'!
As the car is a Jaguar loaner, they have plugged some kind of dongle into the OBD2 port and to stop people (like me!) pulling it out, the dongle is tie-wrapped and tie wrapped put out of reach under the steering wheel shroud!
So I can't put my PCC dongle in and use it!
Quite why they need a supplementary device, presumably for theft reasons, I don't know, as the in built one is OK, surely?!

I must say that I rate the HUD, and find Pivi Pro nowhere near as good as hoped! The menus are all over the place! it is faster than In Touch Pro, but that's all.

Stay safe

Ian
MY2019 SE in Caesium Blue. Panoramic roof and Gloss Black 18" wheels. Ohme Smart charger.

GSIpace

Post by GSIpace » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:04 pm

Good to hear that you found the OBD port. Btw, which GBD device and app were you planning to use. Is there any customisation possible for Jags. I have a Carly Universal adapter which works for VAG and Beemers, but they dont have any customisation options for Jag.
Re Pivi Pro, I have to agree that I am not very impressed either. it is quicker than the TPD, but that is about it.
It bugs me big time, they dont have many options for the customisable button on the steering wheel apart from some options to change media. It would have been great if I could change the regen settings with the customisable button to toggle between high and low region at the flick of a button. Or paddle shifts to change regen levels would have fantastic.
Jag being a luxury badge also should have put in automatically opening and closing charging flaps.
Little things that would make a big difference in the user experience!

ianipace

Post by ianipace » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:01 pm

I am testing the offshoot of Power Cruise Control which is only available at the moment for Android devices, being written for the iPhone called Power ChecK Control.
It will be more or less the same as Power Cruise Control but feature battery welfare and management more fully. They are making headway back engineering the PIDs, but it is slow pains taking work as folk on this forum know!

Incidentally the Android version of Power Cruise Control is really worth looking at.

Totally agree about flappy paddles for regen settings. Quite why Jaguar decided that these weren't worth the effort defies logic! But then Jaguar logic on certain issues is certainly questionable at the least and almost incompetent at the worst!

Stay safe

Ian

elbocko

Post by elbocko » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:21 pm

ianipace wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:01 pm
I am testing the offshoot of Power Cruise Control which is only available at the moment for Android devices, being written for the iPhone called Power ChecK Control.
It will be more or less the same as Power Cruise Control but feature battery welfare and management more fully. They are making headway back engineering the PIDs, but it is slow pains taking work as folk on this forum know!

Incidentally the Android version of Power Cruise Control is really worth looking at.

Totally agree about flappy paddles for regen settings. Quite why Jaguar decided that these weren't worth the effort defies logic! But then Jaguar logic on certain issues is certainly questionable at the least and almost incompetent at the worst!

Stay safe

Ian
I am of the opposite view. I had flappy paddles on my Outlander PHEV and used them a lot. Since I have had the I-Pace, I use heavy regeneration setting for most circumstances and adjust the amount of regeneration braking using the 'go' pedal, I don't feel the need for different fixed levels. If on Motorways I set regeneration on low.
El Bocko

E 2ERO, SE, Firenze Red, MY19, 18". Still loving it.
Infotainment - S20C_20.16.5-536345. It has gone backwards, now S20B_20.27.3-568398 @ 26/7/2020
Vehicle Connectivity 17.2,
Battery Energy Control Shh, it won't say. H264v3 completed.