For Sale: My September/October delivery

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
stuorguk
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:50 pm
Location: United Kingdom

For Sale: My September/October delivery

Post by stuorguk » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:45 pm

My local dealer (Southampton UK) hasn't been very forthcoming on details since I paid a deposit of £1K in January. Last I heard, delivery would be end of September (details that I can check up on).

Due to a change in circumstances, I'm thinking of defaulting on the purchase. Anyone interested, so I can get my deposit back?

Spec https://build.jaguar/BA10415E


Griff
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:07 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: For Sale: My September/October delivery

Post by Griff » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:58 pm

Isn’t it fully refundable anyway?


User avatar
mjc
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 2:43 pm
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Re: For Sale: My September/October delivery

Post by mjc » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:02 pm

If you don't have a firm delivery commitment, and have not been able to test drive the car, I would be surprised if you cannot just cancel any order, and recover your deposit.

I would be really surprised if there is any prospect of you getting delivery in the UK of an HSE by the end of September if you only paid a £1k deposit in January 2018. I put my deposit down 18 months ago, and firm ordered in March, and mine won't be delivered until January 2019.

I suggest you talk with your dealer, and if you do not get satisfaction, talk to JLR directly.
I-Pace HSE on order - Farallon Black - Promised Delivery was 02/09/18, then 30/01/19, then 02/01/19, now 19/12/18


stuorguk
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:50 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: For Sale: My September/October delivery

Post by stuorguk » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:10 pm

I phoned them in January, and made a £1K deposit on CC. No terms were discussed.
In March they asked for my spec.
In July I asked for an update, and they said "The car is showing the end of September at this stage."

That was the last communication I had.


User avatar
mjc
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 2:43 pm
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Re: For Sale: My September/October delivery

Post by mjc » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:15 pm

They should have sent you a detailed order breakdown for you to confirm it was correct, and also an order form for you to sign up to (including terms). If you paid a deposit be credit card then I cannot see you having any difficulty recovering it under the circumstances you describe. You need to contact them.
I-Pace HSE on order - Farallon Black - Promised Delivery was 02/09/18, then 30/01/19, then 02/01/19, now 19/12/18


stuorguk
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:50 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: For Sale: My September/October delivery

Post by stuorguk » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:17 pm

Ok, thanks. If it's delayed to January that might actually work for me.


Tophe74
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:21 pm
Location: Haute Savoie/France

Re: For Sale: My September/October delivery

Post by Tophe74 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:17 pm

How can u order without paying anything ? I thought u have to pay at least 10% when ordering. I paid 20% ...
I pace FE photon red since 20.10.18


FENorway
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:06 am
Location: Norge

Re: For Sale: My September/October delivery

Post by FENorway » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:22 pm

Can you change the order to LHD?


bluenun
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:27 pm
Location: England

Re: For Sale: My September/October delivery

Post by bluenun » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:39 pm

I'm interested. PM me if the build date is too early for you.


stuorguk
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:50 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: For Sale: My September/October delivery

Post by stuorguk » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:54 pm

Tophe74 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:17 pm
How can u order without paying anything ? I thought u have to pay at least 10% when ordering. I paid 20% ...
I guess from their perspective, selling it wont be a problem if it ends up on the forecourt.

I think I will just wait it out. I didn't know about the delays. If it does turn up, and I am not in the position to buy it, I'll ask for my deposit.


Post Reply

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”