i-Pace order stuck at "waiting for ship"

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
993ipace

Re: i-Pace order stuck at "waiting for ship"

Post by 993ipace » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:17 pm

An update : The car's been found and arrived at the dealer earlier this week. I've seen video evidence so this time it appears credible..:-)

The latest postion is I'm told they've failed in applying the necessary software update(s) so handover was prevented this week.

115 days since the car was built and counting..:-)
Corris HSE | Mars Red / Black Interior | HUD | Panoramic Roof | Privacy Glass | Cold Climate | Black Surrounds | Front Fogs

mjc

Post by mjc » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:26 pm

Excellent News! Your calm does you credit.
I-Pace HSE delivered 14/12/2018 - Farallon Black, Air++, oyster interior, panoramic roof, 20" std wheels

Dtrawford

Post by Dtrawford » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:44 pm

Mine is at the U.K. docks awaiting transport to the dealer . This can take up to 72 hours.

993ipace

Post by 993ipace » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:26 am

"can take up to 72 hours"

Or considerably more if you get unlucky. Best of luck with yours - 72 hours isn't so bad.
Corris HSE | Mars Red / Black Interior | HUD | Panoramic Roof | Privacy Glass | Cold Climate | Black Surrounds | Front Fogs

malcolm

Post by malcolm » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:17 am

I am sure that JLR will give you a special treat for the lack of service so far .
Good luck 993 , can only imagine how some of your phone calls have gone !
I was going crazy and mine only took a month after build to get to me .
fingers crossed for you

993ipace

Post by 993ipace » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:46 pm

The dealer called today and said the car is ready and I can collect it tomorrow. Apparently Jaguar had to come and do the software update as the dealer couldn't get it to work.

We'll see...!

:-)

mjc

Post by mjc » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:39 pm

Such a long awaited pleasure for you... Enjoy!
I-Pace HSE delivered 14/12/2018 - Farallon Black, Air++, oyster interior, panoramic roof, 20" std wheels

malcolm

Post by malcolm » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:12 am

Good luck today 993
hope all goes well

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:13 am

Good luck 993! You’re a patient man!
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:30 am

I am pleased for you 993 and I hope your car has none of the other bugs or flaws others have described on this forum. I am in a similar position to you and was told earlier this month my car was built and due for delivery to the dealer on the 11th January having ordered my car on 1st June last year, deposit paid in January 2018. The "system" continued to show this delivery date even yesterday (the 17th) and the dealer had no idea to the whereabouts or reason for the delay until a regional manager from the Harwoods group got involved. It transpires that my car is still in Austria, awaiting the mystery update, but it is unbelievable that no one from @CRC has ever had the courtesy to contact me (or the dealer) to inform me of this.

I have now been told middle of February, but I have no faith in that anymore either. The magic of buying my first Jaguar, and first "premium" car, has completely gone and the whole process has left a bitter taste in the mouth. With each passing day I regret my decision more and more, and no matter how good the car is when it eventually arrives, I cannot see myself ever buying another Jaguar.

I know the delays are nothing compared to those experienced by Tesla customers, but Tesla have never made cars before and companies should set their own standards rather than benchmark against others. I am waiting a response from a "Customer Solutions Executive", but as ever I fully expect another set of lies and deceit as I have had from them before as no one is willing to tell me what is actually being updated with my car.

993, have you been told by anyone exactly what the update was, and whether all the cars previously delivered around the world are being recalled to have the update applied, and what has JLR provided to you in way of compensation?

I sincerely hope your car is amazing, as anything short of this would be tragic. I fear that I am going to resent my car as soon as the first Porsche Taycan hits the road later this year, but be stuck with the i-pace for 3 years (when it finally arrives).

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”