Possible to specify maximum state of charge?

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
sjur

Re: Possible to specify maximum state of charge?

Post by sjur » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:22 am

qqiao wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:38 pm
ardevd wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:04 pm
NightFox wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:58 pm
Resurrecting this from back in January, I know that the official app(s) still don't allow a max SOC to be set, but have any of the third party apps found a way to implement the API to do allow this yet?
Yes! If you're on Android WattCat will have you covered :)
This is such an important feature. Thanks for implementing this.

One nit-pick, the number of dots seems to be counter intuitive. 15 dots for a total of 100%
I asked the dealer why I can't get more than 84.7 kwh out of the 90kwh battery, and the reply was that this is because JLR has set a max charging level to 90% to ensure max battery life, so I shouldn't have to worry about setting av max charge level myself, like I had to with my Tesla. I have a feeling that I have I been misinformed (?), If so, when will the WattCat be available?

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:29 am

sjur wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:22 am
qqiao wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:38 pm
ardevd wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:04 pm

Yes! If you're on Android WattCat will have you covered :)
This is such an important feature. Thanks for implementing this.

One nit-pick, the number of dots seems to be counter intuitive. 15 dots for a total of 100%
I asked the dealer why I can't get more than 84.7 kwh out of the 90kwh battery, and the reply was that this is because JLR has set a max charging level to 90% to ensure max battery life, so I shouldn't have to worry about setting av max charge level myself, like I had to with my Tesla. I have a feeling that I have I been misinformed (?), If so, when will the WattCat be available?
In my Model S I typically had Max SOC set to around 70-80%. I'm sure you would be fine charging your I-Pace to 100% soc frequently but it doesnt hurt to charge it to a lower SOC.

WattCat is currently in early access and is available for anyone who wants to try it. More info here.
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy | I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

Telematics: N/A | InControl: S19A_19.11.4-330884

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:42 am

sjur wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:22 am
Your dealer is correct (but it’s not a 90% limit, it’s slightly higher). But it is still recommended to keep battery charge in lithium ion batteries to below 80%. That’s why I charge mine to around 88% on a daily basis as my rough calculations reckon 88% of the usable battery is about 80% of the full battery.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.07.2-312706 Telematics: 14.2

Check out my I-Pace Channel on YouTube
Control your iPace with Siri voice commands

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”