Sim card not supported...

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
Bart

Re: Sim card not supported...

Post by Bart » Thu May 16, 2019 9:33 pm

henkderuiter wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:18 pm
Yep, done it, but this did not solve the problem. The sim works in the phone, I even removed the pin code, but still got the same annoying message, sim not supported???
Did not work for me neither. Seems to be an issue with data-only. (My i-pace prefers data-only??). Cancelled my youfone subscription (within 7 days or so, for free) and went for KPN (Data-SIM!). No looking back, no issues ever since, and no issues with size of the data-bundle.

SammyD

Post by SammyD » Fri May 17, 2019 10:23 am

It seems that some MVNO Operators are selling SIM Cards that don't work in the I-Pace. It isn't just cards with Voice/Text + Data or Data only cards.
Several of us have '3' cards in our cars that have unlimited voice+ texts and lots of data and are not having an issue.

It might be nice to start a new thread where we report on the MNVO operators and show the operators that work and those that don't.
That may well save others from going through this problem in the future.
It might also give those 'don't work' MNVO Operators a much needed kick up the backside and get them to sell cards that work in cars.
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Fri May 17, 2019 11:39 am

Ah ok. Sorry. I have no other ideas. Just something I’d read elsewhere. There were reports of some people having issues if it was a phone sim rather than a pure data sim. Is it maybe something to do with that?
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.07.2-312706 Telematics: 14.2

Control your iPace with Siri voice commands

scm

Post by scm » Fri May 17, 2019 11:47 am

Goshdarnit wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 11:39 am
There were reports of some people having issues if it was a phone sim rather than a pure data sim. Is it maybe something to do with that?
I've used Virgin Mobile and Giffgaff phone SIMs in my Jag without problems. Any issues are more likely to be with the SIM provider, rather than the type of SIM.

Jaap

Post by Jaap » Fri May 17, 2019 1:04 pm

henkderuiter wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 1:07 pm

I also have taken the same Youfone card, put it in, and got SIM card not supported message. How is this possible, any ideas?
Hi Henk,

had the same with my youfone card. problem solved by the dealer: new sim-module in car. Apperently was a problem in some ipaces.
i-Pace S | Fuji White |

henkderuiter

Post by henkderuiter » Sat May 18, 2019 7:11 am

Jaap wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:04 pm
henkderuiter wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 1:07 pm

I also have taken the same Youfone card, put it in, and got SIM card not supported message. How is this possible, any ideas?
Hi Henk,

had the same with my youfone card. problem solved by the dealer: new sim-module in car. Apperently was a problem in some ipaces.
Hi Jaap,

Oke, thanks for the update. So this means you have the youfone card working after this dealer-solving-action......! My car goes to the dealer upcoming thursday for sw update, I will add this one to the list in this case!

Return to “Faults & Technical”