Article in Dutch press

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Jan073

Article in Dutch press

Post by Jan073 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:58 am

https://www.rtlz.nl/life/personal-finan ... valt-tegen

Mixed feelings about this. The fact that owners actually expected the 480 WLTP in range is foolish. However the dealer often mention 350 is do-able but in practice (winter) I cant get near 300km. Still works for me home/work and NL is a small country so Hey ..

Most interesting part is in the end where Jaguar response they invited 4 owners about their issues with the car.

Daarom ontvangen wij maandag een viertal I-pacerijders om hun bevindingen aan te horen.
FE Corris grey ebony/ebony 22” summer / 20” winter | NL

Chewy

Re: Article in Dutch press

Post by Chewy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:42 am

What do you call someone who can read in three languages?
Trilingual

What do you call someone who can read in two languages?

Bilingual

What you call someone who can only read in one language?

English !!!
Caesium Blue S. 250mi range on 18” wheels in the Winter. Hoping for 300 miles range when it warms up.

Jacques-Noir

Post by Jacques-Noir » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:46 am

I Just wanted to post the same thing. I dont have to make big trips from home to work (Amstelveen-Amsterdam) and most of my day to day live is around the A10 Area (ring road around Amsterdam) but i don’t buy a € 104.000,- car to found out that the range is not 350 (what I was expectibg) but 250 and that it takes half a day and a night to charge it on a public 11kw charger.

I also feel dispointed and want to hook up with the other owners. Any more Dutchies who want to join?
An I-PACE is a Tesla for people with good taste

Snoerd

Post by Snoerd » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:53 am

Jacques-Noir wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:46 am
I also feel dispointed and want to hook up with the other owners. Any more Dutchies who want to join?
Just sell it. As long as it was registered before 2019, there are sufficient buyers that accept the imperfections due to tax benefits. You might even get a profit out of it as demand was higher than supply.

I agree with the complaints, especially while other brands achieve real driving results much closer to wltp than Jaguar. But I am one of those that will just accept as no reasonable alternative is available including a towbar.
--
Jaguar I-Pace S, Order date July 16, 2018
Fuji White, Tow Bar, expected build date Nov 9, expected date at dealer Nov 23, expected delivery Nov 28. Arrived at dealer Dec 17 for delivery Dec 21! :D

Jacques-Noir

Post by Jacques-Noir » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:57 am

Nope. Not going to sell it. There is no alternative and I love my I Pace. But you cant advertise with a range of 480 wich we all know is not real life and and up with tiny bit more then 50% and 18 hours of charging. They should fix this problem.

Arcis

Post by Arcis » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:00 am

A couple of days ago, I was at the Jaguar dealer for updating various software settings (now on 15C infotainment) and they also checked on the charge port due to the hybrid system failure I had on holidays.

When I picked it up the GOM showed 410km range on a full charge instead of the more recent ones of about 330km. They said that that there were no new settings regarding efficiency (damn!), so it resulted from having been inside the whole day and being charged at room temperature as well. Therefore, I should expect the range to go down quite a bit when driving in the 5 degrees weather we have now (and it did).

However, they did show me an internal memo with a table on how the seasons are likely to impact the Ipace full charge range compared to the WLTP. They showed it only very briefly, but what I recall is the ranges were from 280km in cold winter to 350km in moderate winter, 420 in spring/autumn, 480km in summer to a whopping 550km on hot summer days. This is something that they should have shown at the handover of the cars!
First Edition (20" / Corris Grey / Ebony Interior / 20" Style 5068 Black Gloss Winter Wheels) Ordered: March 27: Delivery: November 30

Jacques-Noir

Post by Jacques-Noir » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:05 am

That would be nice. To show this in a brochure. I am not mad or something. Just wondering how things will end. Did you get an invite for an update or do people call themself to make an appointment?

Arcis

Post by Arcis » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:43 am

@Jacques-Noir. No, I already had an appointment to have them check the various issues that occurred during my ski trip and 5 different software updates were apparently needed (apart from the black screens fix they pushed OTA around Xmas)
First Edition (20" / Corris Grey / Ebony Interior / 20" Style 5068 Black Gloss Winter Wheels) Ordered: March 27: Delivery: November 30

Jacques-Noir

Post by Jacques-Noir » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:51 pm

Ah. Just had the car for exactly one week. Drove 500km. Did some supercharging (Shopping Centre Amstelveen) and everything is fine (so far) :-)

EDi99

Post by EDi99 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:16 pm

Jacques-Noir wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:46 am
I Just wanted to post the same thing. I dont have to make big trips from home to work (Amstelveen-Amsterdam) and most of my day to day live is around the A10 Area (ring road around Amsterdam) but i don’t buy a € 104.000,- car to found out that the range is not 350 (what I was expectibg) but 250 and that it takes half a day and a night to charge it on a public 11kw charger.

Got my first Tesla S85 in september 2013. During the following winter I experienced the same - range dropped to just above 250 in cold windy weather.
But that's not the problem (how often does one drive 250+ km on a daily basis?). You hardly achieve the promised energy consumption driving an ICE either.

The issue is that the internal charger is too limited - and in addition the fact that you can not DC charge at 100kW yet. My Tesla added between 50 (11kW) and 100km (22kW) distance per hour charging. I think you should ask JLR for a free internal charger replacement.

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”