Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
McRat said:
Credit for that tip goes to Sbingham60 from the other I-Pace site.
However, I SHOULD be able to push 360 mode at any time during low speed operation. I do not approve of their bad coding.
I will probably mention this on the next vlog so I will give proper credit and I totally agree.

·
Registered
11 Posts
USB stick audio formats:
WMA lossless embedded ac3/DolbyDigital 5.1 plays wonderfully.
WMA lossless embedded DTS 5.1 produces only static.

·
Registered
273 Posts
npritchard said:
McRat said:
I'm not sure if this one is listed, but when I received my car, I could not get it to show the 360° View camera in reverse, only in other gears.

For 360 view while backing: Select Camera Icon. Select the Settings Gears Icon. Camera Settings will appear. Make the change from there and you will have 360 view in reverse.
The Settings Icon are contextual. Different settings will be accessible depending on what screen is active.

At >4,000 miles I still have not had my Orientation scheduled. But I received the car with less than 30% charge, the protective film was on the HUD projector, there was no PDI checklist completed, and no mention of Orientation. This was after they were "working on" my car for over 24h since delivery. I hypermiled the car home without knowing the controls via a mountain pass with no services for 20 miles.

Not complaining, just an observation that the dealer was not ready to handle EVs much less an I-Pace. It was funny that I was most knowledgeable I-Pace tech in the building in a very wealthy region of the US at a large JLR dealership. But I expected it. If you've ever bought a Year One model of anything, you expect it, and you prepare.
Wow, wow and wow! That is so useful. Not only the ability to have 360° view when reversing but also to make it landscape and hence much bigger when used at any other time. Thanks a lot McRat.
I've just got V19A installed and hadn't tried this on the previous version I had. However, I've noticed that you can now have 2 camera angles showing in Camera mode. With a setting on there I can have the normal reverse with the 360 view to the side. This is particularly useful as with the wide screen, there is a lot of unused real estate on the screen. Is anyone on 18C or 18D able to confirm if this was an existing feature?

·
Registered
485 Posts
[media]
[/media]

As promised video on the 360 camera on my channel

·
Registered
779 Posts
Garryjw said:
[media]
[/media]

As promised video on the 360 camera on my channel
Ah, thanx @Garryjw that was a nice and helpful video.

·
Registered
485 Posts
No worries. I've just realised that the uploaded video has some weird - I guess - image stabilisation going on, I'm not seeing in the original version. Apologies if it makes you feel sea sick.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Garryjw said:
No worries. I've just realised that the uploaded video has some weird - I guess - image stabilisation going on, I'm not seeing in the original version. Apologies if it makes you feel sea sick.
I have found that in the past with YouTube uploads. Have a look in studio/creator and make sure it isn't set to auto stabilise videos. It's not a great system and causes more issues than it fixes in my experience.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Goshdarnit said:
Garryjw said:
I have found that in the past with YouTube uploads. Have a look in studio/creator and make sure it isn't set to auto stabilise videos. It's not a great system and causes more issues than it fixes in my experience.
Thanks that may be it

·
Registered
485 Posts
Just uploaded a video on how to automate the front parking sensor
[media]
[/media]

·
Registered
779 Posts
👏

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
DougTheMac said:
Updated 13/4/19 Issue 4, changes from Issue 3 in Magenta; Updated 28/2/19, Issue 3, changes from Issue 2 in BLUE Updated 14/2/19, Issue 2, changes from Issue 1 in RED (Original post in Black)
Just a dummy post to bump this for those of you who always go to "What's New". It's getting a bit messy...

And just re-edited it to include the Consumption/Range Ready-Reckoner as promised; couldn't find it (as in an off-topic post) but then remembered Garry's dough moment - or should that be Doh? :lol:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
The real shame is that the iPace doesn't seem to support exFAT , only FAT32
Has anyone tried with ext4? I have strong indications the infotainment system is Linux based so it would make sense to try a native Linux FS

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
For the G-Meter and Stopwatch functions, the car does not need to be in dynamic mode. They work regardless. It's only the Dynamic Settings page which requires the car to be in Dynamic Mode.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Goshdarnit said:
For the G-Meter and Stopwatch functions, the car does not need to be in dynamic mode. They work regardless. It's only the Dynamic Settings page which requires the car to be in Dynamic Mode.
Don't understand. If I try to select the Dynamic Settings Page, I get a message telling me I have to be in Dynamic Mode. Are you saying I can go into Dynamic Mode, get the G-meter on the display, then select Comfort mode again and the G-meter will stay displayed?

Not the right time of night to test this...

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
No, not quite. Took me a while to realise this one. If you press the dynamic button it takes you by default to the dynamic settings page which just has a message saying "you have to be in dynamic mode to access this page". But if you press the other tabs on the right side (timer, g-meter and accelerator/brake) they are all accessible. So you don't ever need to be in dynamic mode. Select comfort. Press "dynamic settings" icon. Warning comes up. Ignore warning. Press g-meter button.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
By the way, I did a video on the infotainment. You can see what I mean by skipping to 6:55 in the video below. Probably easier than trying to explain it, but as you can see, the warning message only applies to the actual settings page. The other tabs work.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Re maps an services
I have an account on the In Control app which shows a spot to enter my VIN.
This informs me that I now have a linked vehicle.
When I next log in to the site in an effort to download maps the site informs me that I have no linked vehicle!!
Has anybody else coma across this issue?

61 - 80 of 112 Posts